May 15, 2008

The missing update

I have received all my Senior Pictures from Dustin! They turned out really good! We’re so happy with them! I tried to figure out a way to work him into mine and Denni’s wedding but he’s already scheduled for a wedding the same weekend as ours and then come to find out he’s also scheduled to his max amount of weddings. So…we thought about just signing up to have him take portrait shots of Dennis and I after the wedding so he could take pictures of us in our wedding outfit. Which wouldn’t be too bad. Although right now that is extra money that Dennis and I don’t really have.

Although yesterday the woman making our wedding cake said she would make them for free as a wedding gift! YAY! Happy! So now all Dennis and I have to pay for is Ice Cream and paper plates! His mom is making the mints J I wish we could come up with something for his family to make us that would help cut the budget. But most the things we have in our budget are just things you buy not things you put together. I hate calling them just to ask if they could buy something.

I passed all my Math classes with A’s! YAY! Math 114 was a low A but it was still an A! I was really happy. In a couple weeks is registration for Summer semester at DeVry. I think splitting the classes up into 8 week periods help make it go faster. I’m not sure if everyone feels that way though. I’m just glad they go all year round. If they were a traditional school I would have to be in school three more years to obtain my degree instead of just two.

I’m actually working on week three of my next class now.

Today I went to the doctor. First we discussed allergies and she gave me some sample medication to try out. Then we discussed birth control. She said my best option at this point is pills. We discussed all the other options. First the pills, which have been around for ever, well studied, minor side effects and I have the least amount of risk because I’m young and don’t smoke. Then there is like a plastic tampon you could insert but she said they tend to release a very high amount of hormones that make most women have unusual amounts of mood swings. Then there is a shot but apparently a side effect of the shot is brittle bones and she prefers that the only people who use the shot are moms who just want to want another year or so before having another child. Then the IUD which is a nice little clip that they put inside you. The only other one I was really interested in was the IUD and she said they’d really prefer to not use that form of birth control until after I’ve had a child. Since taking a pill every day shouldn’t be a problem for me I went ahead and agreed. First though I need to go back again and have a “wellness woman” exam. She said I should really have one once a year and they’d like for me to have one before she prescribed the medication because of all the hormones the pills release she said they just want to make sure my body is healthy before we get anywhere with that. In addition to that the best time for women to start birth control is a few days after they start they’re period and I’ve really already passed that point since I had my period last week. So I have to wait another month before I can start anyway.

Blah. I think I just about have my checkbook balanced. I deposited my graduation money today (which was A LOT by the way). Tomorrow my paycheck will be deposited. Then I need to write a big check of tithe to the church. I wanted to give mom and dad some money but I don’t think they’ll take it. In exchange though I think I won’t ask for any money to make a deposit on the wedding photographer. Ah yes the wedding…

We have a photographer set up to take pictures at the wedding. They’re actually some long time friends of my parents that they haven’t kept in great touch with but they’re giving us a pretty good deal on pictures. I guess he just recently started is own business but use to work for another professional photography company.
Saturday mom and I will probably go try and order the wedding dress I want. That will be nice to have out of the way. I want to try and order samples for invitations but I haven’t quite gotten that far yet. Almost. I might do that this morning at work…I have to stay at the front desk but I don’t have anything to do up here. Which is exactly why I’m typing updates….

If I could get invitations ordered and printed that’d be a huge thing to stop worrying about. I also want to try and pick out brides maids dresses (or patterns for brides maids dresses). Dennis and I sometime wanted to go get rings too. I don’t think I can afford to do all those things right away but I do have some extra money floating in the checking account. Its all designated but I could use it until I get more wedding money saved up.

I am getting my list done! I like the "save now" button that blogspot has now. This really isn't a bad place to post updates. I still miss greatestjournal though with the icons. Its still up and running but not very many people are useing it and you can't use icons. :( Plus none of my gj friends are there.
I hope somebody buys up the domain name and fixes up greatestjournal. I'd almost be willing to buy it to make it my own little project once I know how to do that thing.

I ordered a camera yesterday. It might be here today but probably won't get here till tomorrow. I'm excited :) My old one was doing ok but I was having problems with the screen and I knew it would only get worse so I ordered a new one. I figured Dennis and I could spend some time taking pictures of each other. Maybe Dennis will turn out to be a really good picture taker and we could get some pictures of Onikah and I to send to Ron and Sue. I know they really wanted some. Plus I'm suppose to send pictures of Dennis and I and I didn't like the way the pictures turned out that we got last time. I think it was just too cold to be dealing with pictures.

Anyway I'm excited for pictures. Tonight I'm eating the rest of my graduation cake!

No comments: